Education Is Key To Success
Informed Staff => Informed Customers Informed Customers => Happy Customers
* Wreath Styles
- "Mixed Wreaths" are Noble Fir with Pine Cones & Cedar accents.
- Plain "Noble Fir Wreaths" are intended for decoration by volunteers or DIYers.
* Wreaths, Garland and other Christmas Greenery abhor direct sunlight,
. . . . especially afternoon sun.
* All perishable products need to be kept away from heaters & vents.
* Proximity to an active fireplace is a freshness killer.
* The fragrant aroma comes from the gradual desiccation of the foliage, so keeping the process gradual is essential.
* A weekly "spritz" of plain water can keep the aroma going for months.
* Wreath sizes available
- 12" is good for candle ring or table setting
- 22" is best for standard 30" wide door
- 30" good for large front doors
- Larger available for special order
* Various foliage types
- Many types are available, like Pine, Cedar, etc.
- "True Firs" last longer (Noble, Red, White, Nordmann, & others)
- Douglas-Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) is not really a Fir tree. (got misnamed in 1791).
- In the Western USA the best choice is Noble Fir
* Quality Options
- Retail prices for Mixed Wreaths vary from less than $15 at Costco to many times that at high-end nurseries.
- The difference is in the Weight (thickness) and choice of Foliage Type.
- The "Big-Box" ones are not suitable for fundraisers.
* Wreath Construction
- In the western USA the best come from Oregon & Washington.
- Long-lasting ones are made from high elevation boughs.
- Some are assembled on "clamp rings", while others are hand tied with wire. Both are fine.
- Avoid wreaths that are "dipped". Dipping in a polymer solution makes them last somewhat longer but totally destroys the aroma.
* Wreath Add-Ons
- Fake berries and phony plastic Santas are not valued by most buyers.
- If bows are to be added, they should be attached just prior to delivery.
- Wholesale Bows Available Here;
- Bow Genie
- Pursell Mfgr
- Peak Seasons
- Priced similar to wreaths and even easier to sell.
- 15' spools are best for fundraisers and popular for around doors and over mantels.
- 25' and 75' rolls can be cut to length.
- All are made from Western Red Cedar for amazing aroma.
* Gift Cards
Gift cards are redeemable at either of the PATCHEN tree farms, near Los Gatos, and are universally popular around the San Francisco Bay Area. The are available in denominations of $25 and can be offered along with wreaths and garland.